There are many different ways for making beach clothes, but we believe that the very best way is to make them non-toxic and extra protective. So that you could enjoy your family vacation to the fullest, without having to worry about the well-being of your baby. I'm about to tell you, how to do that!
6 THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN GOING TO THE BEACH WITH A BABY
- don't be outside during the hottest hours (between 11 AM and 2 PM)
- if possible, stay in the shade
- keep your baby hydrated with water or breast milk
- take frequent swims or spray your baby gently with clean water
- choose non-toxic UPF 50+ sunblock to protect the uncovered parts of your baby's body
- use clothes and hats made from UV-fabric that are designed for beach use like peaked hats with neck and ear flaps and sunsuits with 1/3 sleeves.
THE DANGERS OF REGULAR BEACH CLOTHES
We all know that baby's skin is very sensitive. Not only is it prone to all kinds of allergies but it also burns really fast, leaving the baby feeling overheated and dehydrated. The immediate result is crying and overall fussiness but the long term effects are far more dangerous. Direct UV-rays are harmful and cannot be blocked by regular cotton clothes. It's actually quite shocking how common swimsuits sold in most retail stores are full of chemicals in order to make them UV-resistant. All this will be absorbed through the skin when the temperatures go up... So wouldn't you say that the best of both worlds is a fabric, that blocks sun but is also free of chemicals? And that fabric is ours!
Breden's sun hat UKU and sunsuit UMA are made from UPF 50+ polyamide fabric that is 100% non-toxic but still blocks more than 98% of UV-rays. It's woven in way that places the threads themselves tight enough to fight the sun. It's OEKO-TEX certified, sea salt and chlorine resistant and dries very fast. As a bonus, the design of these items is super smart - two-way zipper helps you dress and undress your baby super fast and the peaked design of the hat will protect the eyes and face of your baby even when the sun is extra bright.
Safe fun, in the sun
the founder and CEO of Breden Kids